You have no items in your shopping cart.
Application for QM2 SSD slots:
- Create a volume on these SSD and use them as extra storage
- Enable Read Cache
- Enable Read/Write Cache
- Enable Qtier feature
- Boost performance in case of memory swapping
The rackmount TL-R1200C-RP JBOD storage enclosure allows you to back up and expand your QNAP NAS, computers (supports Windows and Mac), and servers. The TL-R1200C-RP features twelve 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s drive bays with USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) Type-C connectivity to provide a fast and smooth expansion solution.
1. TL-R1200C-RP only supports devices with USB 3.2 Gen 1 (or above) port.
2. QNAP recommends following the standard procedure to connect or disconnect the TL-R1200C-RP. For more information, please see the TL-R1200C-RP user manual.
3. The TL-R1200C-RP can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool/volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TL-R1200C-RP.
4. The TL-R1200C-RP only supports QNAP NAS running on QTS 4.4.2 (or above) or QTS hero operating system.
5. The TL-R1200C-RP doesn't support ASM1142 USB controller IC based USB ports and PCIe expansion cards (e.g. QNAP USB-U31A2P01 expansion card)
|USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connectivity* provides up to 10 Gb/s data transfer speeds. The port can support USB Type-A to Type-C connection or Thunderbolt 3 Type-C connection using different cables.
*The package includes one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C to Type-A cable.
|Provides high capacity and affordability, making it an excellent backup solution for QNAP NAS.||250W redundant power supply to ensure maximum system uptime.|
The TL-R1200C-RP provides software-controlled configurations for greater management flexibility. Users can configure RAID and monitor disk health using the QTS / QTS hero Storage & Snapshots Manager on a QNAP NAS, or by using the QNAP JBOD Manager utility on their computer.
|Use the QTS / QTS hero Storage & Snapshots Manager to configure the TL-R1200C-RP as a storage enclosure for your QNAP NAS. The NAS expansion storage mode supports various NAS functions, including storage pools and snapshots. With TL-R1200C-RP, you can easily expand storage capacity.||The QNAP JBOD Manager is a desktop utility for monitoring the TL-R1200C-RP on Windows®, Mac®, and Ubuntu® computers. You can quickly obtain disk statuses, JBOD information and health, view fan rotation speed, and check for firmware version updates.|
You can connect your TL-R1200C-RP to Windows®, Mac®, and Ubuntu® computers through the USB interface and use built-in utility to manage the RAID configuration.
1. When the USB port endpoint usage exceeds the limit, drives on the TL-R1200C-RP may not be recognized. For more information, please visit https://www.cambrionix.com/articles_support/endpoint-limitation-usb-hubs/。
2. Before removing a storage pool, make sure you have removed all volumes and LUNs on that storage pool to avoid unexpected disasters.
3. Please connect your TL USB JBOD directly to the USB port on your PC. Do not connect the TL USB JBOD to the USB hub.
The QNAP JBOD Manager is a desktop utility for monitoring the TL-R1200C-RP on Windows® and Mac® computers. You can quickly obtain and view information about the JBOD status, health, fan rotation speed, and check for firmware version updates. All device events are recorded, and QNAP JBOD Manager will automatically send system alert notifications to your desktop.
1. You can set up new software RAID groups in [Windows Storage Spaces] in Windows 8 (or later versions).
2. Windows Server 2012 R2 (or later version) users can set up new software RAID groups in [Server Manager].
3. macOS 10.13 & 10.14 users can set up new software RAID groups in [RAID Assistant]. QNAP recommends using RAID 1 instead of RAID 0 for data protection.
4. Ubuntu 18.04 users need to pass commands into [mdadm] to set up new software RAID groups.
Migrating a large number of small files or a single large data file by network environment can be time-consuming and consume significant network bandwidth that causes decreased work efficiency. The TL-R1200C-RP supports remote file transfer. All you have to do is set up the RAID configuration and store a large number of files. Then you can move the TL-R1200C-RP to another place and connect it with the computer or NAS to experience the device's simple plug and play feature and fast data migration.
Note: If you have set up the software RAID configuration, the TL-R1200C-RP migration only supports hosts running on the same operating system.
You can treat each disk in your TL-R1200C-RP as an individual storage space, and also use it as a removable drive. It can function like a high-capacity disk drive reader. When one of disk reaches data storage limitation, you can remove it and put it into a dry box. Then swap a different disk into the TL-R1200C-RP empty drive slot. After that, you can install the disk that reached full data capacity into the TL-R1200C-RP and connect it with a computer or NAS for direct file access.
Note: The operating system of the destination host should support the drive file system for file access. For example, NTFS (for Windows), HFS+ (for Mac), EXT4 (for Ubuntu or QNAP NAS), exFAT (for Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, and QNAP NAS) etc.
The TL-R1200C-RP meets many storage expansion requirements for the home and office. Below is a list of potential usage scenarios:
The TL-R1200C-RP provides an alternative method for users to expand their NAS storage capacity. By connecting the TL-R1200C-RP to their NAS and using the Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero, users can easily configure and manage their storage expansion. The TL-R1200C-RP supports a variety of QNAP NAS storage and file management functions, allowing users to build storage pools, finding files with Qsirch, and organizing files with Qfiling.
|Function||TL-R1200C-RP||QNAP TR-004||UX-500P||Other external RAID/ JBOD device|
|Connection Type||USB 3.2 Gen 2||USB 3.2 Gen 1||USB 3.2 Gen 1||By device|
|Drive bays||12||4||5||By device|
|Supported systems||QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS, Linux etc...||QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS, Linux etc...||QNAP QTS/QTS hero||QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS, Linux etc...|
|Disk health monitoring||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS, Linux)||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS)||Supported||Not Supported|
|Hardware RAID protection||Not Supported||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS)||Not Supported||Varies by device|
|Create Storage Pool||Supported
|RAID migration, capacity expansion||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, macOS, Linux)||Not Supported||Supported||Varies by device|
1. The TL-R1200C-RP does not support QNAP NAS models that cannot be updated to QTS 4.4.2 (or later) and the following NAS models: TS-128, TS-228, TS-131, TS-231, TS-431, TS-431U.
2. Drives can only be migrated from one TL USB JBOD to another TL USB JBOD. Files and data stored on drives migrated to or from other JBOD devices will not be recognized.
You can use the TL-R1200C-RP to expand your NAS storage. You can select disks to create storage pools for expanding your NAS capacity, or you can treat each disk as an individual external storage space and use it as a removable drive for greater flexibility. Regardless of the mode you use, you can always use Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero to set up and manage your TL-R1200C-RP and use hard drive S.M.A.R.T. and Notification Center to check disk status anytime and anywhere.
Mode 1: Expand NAS capacity with storage pool mode
You can use Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero to configure the RAID storage pool for your TL-R1200C-RP and expand NAS capacity.
Mode 2: Expand your NAS with external storage mode
You can treat each disk on your TL-R1200C-RP as an individual storage space and expand your NAS capacity. For example, it will show 8 independent external disks on an 8-bay NAS.
You can use your TL-R1200C-RP with Windows®, Mac®, and Ubuntu® computers to expand more storage space. You can set up the RAID configuration of your TL-R1200C-RP to further secure data protection. Moreover, you can also use the single disk mode and format with the exFAT file system for more convenient access and sharing of files between Windows® and Ubuntu® computers.
1. QNAP JBOD Manager supports Windows 8 (or later versions), Windows Server 2012 R2 (or later versions), macOS 10.13 (or later versions), Ubuntu 18.04 (or later versions).
2. Because Windows® and Ubuntu® operating systems are incompatible, the TL-R1200C-RP does not support cross-platform sharing after the RAID configuration set up.
Mode 1: RAID configuration mode
You can obtain data protection by building a software RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 5 volume with native utility in your Windows® and Ubuntu® computers, and use the QNAP JBOD Manager to monitor the TL-R1200C-RP status information.
Mode 2: Single disk mode
You can format hard drives with the exFAT file system while accessing and sharing files between Windows® and Ubuntu® computers.
TThe TL-R1200C-RP features high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connectivity and built-in USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) to provide convenient fast file sharing and intensive data transfer. The TL-R1200C-RP not only provides you higher file transfer performance than traditional USB interfaces but offers a more cost-effective option than REXP SAS JBOD.
Note: To achieve UASP, please make sure that your computers and hosts support it.
The TL-R1200C-RP is backed by a 2-year warranty at no additional costs. You can purchase a warranty extension that extends your warranty coverage up to 5 years.
|Audio Alert On/Off Switch|
|Form Factor||2U Rackmount|
|Host Interface||1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C|
|LED Indicators||HDD 1-12, Status, Link, Fan error|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||3.49 × 18.98 × 22.15 inch|
|Weight (Net)||24.32 lbs|
|Weight (Gross)||31.5 lbs|
|Max. number of HDDs/SSDs supported||12 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s|
|Hard Drive Type||3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|Operating temperature||0 - 40 °C (32°F - 104°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5-95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C (80.6˚F)|
|Power Supply Unit||250W PSU, 100 - 240V|
|Power Consumption: Operating Mode, Typical||82.26 W|
|Fan Mode Switch||(Auto, high, medium, low)|
|Fan||2 x 70mm, 12VDC|
|Sound Level||33.4 db(A)|
Application for QM2 SSD slots:
Configured system orders start here!
The selected drives are batch controlled and tested using our HDD and SSD servers. Passed drives are then installed in the NAS with Volume and RAID set. Our pre-burn testing prepares the NAS with an initial system and drive testing cycle to ensure that the integrity of the entire system is tested and passed with no issues at all.
Our stress testing (burn-test) cycle commences for a minimum of 24 hours and extends to 48 hours if requested or required. This is undertaken in order to ensure stability when used in a normal environment. These tests can include extremes of workload (constant I/O's), CPU and memory use, thermal load (heat), clock speed, or voltages, bus and connectivity components, with the primary stress testing software aiming to test stability by trying to force a system to fail. Our tests put a greater emphasis on robustness, availability and error handling heavy loads.
Once the tests are complete we QA and pack the system back into it's retail box. Then it's double boxed to protect the unit during shipping. You receive your QNAP NAS Ready To Plug 'N' Store. It doesn't get any easier. Buy your NAS from the QNAP EXPERTS at QNAP DIRECT.